To enter an undergraduate program in ASAUB, the applicant must satisfy:
- The university's general minimum requirement for getting admission.
- Minimum requirement for each of the individual program.
ASAUB admits students with the potential of pursuing higher education. It welcomes applications from the students regardless of their gender, religion, age, race, national origin, social background, marital or parental status and disability. It is also committed to the principles of widening participation and encouraging applicants from disadvantaged and underprivileged backgrounds. It may be noted that admission in some of our programs is very competitive and fulfilling the minimum requirement does not guarantee admission. ASAUB generally follow a policy of limiting the number of seats in a program which means that some students having eligibility often may not get admission.
Students who have passed SSC and HSC or equivalent examinations with at least two 2nd divisions or minimum GPA 2.5 in each (on the scale of 5) may apply for admission. For 'A' level students, at least 5 subjects in 'O' level with minimum GPA 2.5 and 2 subjects in 'A' level with minimum GPA 2.5 (A=5, B=4, C=3, D=2 & E=1. Only one E is acceptable.) are required. If a prospective student needs further guidance on entry requirements, s/he may always contact the Admission Office in the fast floor of the campus: Tel: +88 (0)2 8114831, 8130283.
Students securing low marks in English in the Admission test shall have to undergo a vigorous training in English through English Language Proficiency Course on payment an additional affordable fee of Tk. 6000/= for entire semester.
International students who meet the equivalent admission requirements are eligible for admission as regular students and may acquire and transfer credits. In case of the latter, the minimum duration of study shall be one semester. The university may enrol foreign students under an exchange program or MOU signed between the two universities. The students are admitted in a specific program. We have a handful of Turkish students.
ASAUB may admit students who intend to transfer their credit, complete their remaining credits and graduate from ASAUB. Intending students can fulfill their desire if they meet the following:
- The title, content and credit hours of the course accepted as equivalent should be more or less similar to the corresponding course in ASAUB. A student may get exemption of courses after due consideration and recommendation by the Department and the Faculty.
- A student must complete the required credit hours and years of studies as applicable for concerned program including the credit hours of the equivalent courses already completed, for obtaining a degree.
- If a course/(s) is/are accepted as equivalent/(s), the grade obtained in that particular course will be counted as the grade of the corresponding course in ASAUB, subject to approval of Equivalence Committee.